Τετάρτη 1 Φεβρουαρίου 2017

Explosive Sunset - day397

This started as nothing but while it was doodled I begun thinking. So it got a meaning for me that may not be the same for you, everyone sees those types of illustrations diferently afterall. For me this is a sunset. At first it was an explosion but then it changed. I started thinking about some photos we took on our summer vacation and how different they looked from reality. And then I realized that I never in my life have seen a photo of a sunset (or the sky in general) that does it justice. The photo itself is very "meh" and if you mess with it in photoshop it becomes "fake". So maybe the sky is something we just cannot "capture". We can only enjoy it "live". This thought makes me feel bitter-sweet for some reason. Especially when I think how many artists have painted the sky. How many of them have tried to capture it or translate it the way they see it and how long and hard they have worked for that. And I almost loose it when The Starry Night by Van Gogh comes to my mind. I have many emotions about that piece. I don't know if it is my favourite, but it definately is one of the most emotional ones for me. But don't think about that now because it makes mine look like crap. Heh.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου