Τρίτη 10 Οκτωβρίου 2017

Vampire Bat | day 648

Today is vampire bat day. Also October is the bat apreciation month.
I really like bats.
I know they look like winged rats but they are very loving little creatures.
They are also the only mammal that can fly!
I did a little research on them (National Geoglaphic Kids - what did you expect?) and learned alot about them.
Like their size. They are about the size of a teacup with their wings closed.
So today's doodle is a vampire bat taking his bath in a huge teacup filled with blood.
I once saw a bat in person. It was amazing!
It was one of those things I'll probably remember all my life.
I don't think it was a vampire bat.
At least I hope it wasn't because I don't know where it would find it's food.
There are not many cows around where I live.
And I learned today that the maximum they can go without food is 2 days!
That's why when a mother gives birth for the first week or so the other bats provide her with food, until she is able to hunt again.
That's what their society is like.
Can you imagine what it would be like if we lived in a society like this?
If we really cared for each other and not just the immidiate closest to us?
That would be a life worth living! Twice!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου