Σάββατο 7 Οκτωβρίου 2017

Ectoplasm | day 645

Ectoplasm was the stuff that came out of physical mediums' noses, mouths or ears during seances.
It was made from cheesecloth or other similar fabrics in most cases.
Usually it formed faces or hands, but in some occasions it was just that - a long piece of some sort of cloth that was draping down from one of the medium's holes.
Later they evolved it to gelatinus substances made from eggs, butter and potato starch and sometimes even plastic that was swallowed by the medium previous to the seance and was later barfed up slowly (and probably very painfully) in front of the paying customer.
It was said by the believers to be formed from a liquid that existed in the human body and - in the case of a medium - it could be extracted to take the form of the ghost that they were in contact with during a seance.
The medium was often blindfolded and the seance took place in a very dark room because it was believed thet any form of light would disintegrade the ectoplasm.
Science proved it a hoax and we never bothered investigating again.
I tried looking it up to see if there are people still doing it today but didn't find anything.
I think if something like that happened in front of me I would be amazed (although that wasn't the reason I looked it up, I probably wouldn't pay for something like this).
I would of course not believe it 100% but I think there is apart of me that would have doubts.
I'd like to be able to believe in some sort of paranormal existence.
I think it would be conforting for most of us.
Heck most of us do believe!
meh
~bye bye

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου